Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, New Delhi - GeniusEducon

Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences

Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, New Delhi

Faculty of Medical Sciences, New Delhi was established under the provision of statute 9 of the statute of the University of Delhi. The institute has a total of 24 departments. Several institutions are functioning under the institute. The institute provides various UG, PG, and doctoral courses for its students. Admission to its courses is based on the rank secured by the candidate in the NEET exam. The application process is online.

Faculty of Medical Sciences Highlights

Type Public
Recognized by Medical Council of India
Affiliated to University of Delhi
Courses offered UG, PG, Doctoral
Popular Courses MBBS, BDS, MD, MS, Diploma, Ph.D., DM, MCh
Entrance Exam NEET-PG, NEET, NEET-SS
Admission criteria Entrance-based
Facilities available Hostel, Library, Sports, Cafeteria
Official website https://www.fmsc.ac.in/

Faculty of Medical Sciences Courses

The institute offers MBBS and BDS courses in UG, MD, MS, and MDS courses in PG. It also offers MCh and DM as super specialty courses. Moreover, the institute also provides doctoral courses to the students, the following table shows the details of all the courses:

Courses Details
MBBS Duration: 4.5 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with science stream with minimum 45%
Selection criteria: Entrance Based (NEET-UG)
Read More
BDS Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with science stream with minimum 45%
Selection criteria: Entrance Based (NEET-UG)
Read More
MD/MS Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: MBBS
Selection criteria: Entrance Based (NEET PG)
MDS Specialization: Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Oral And Maxillofacial Pathology, Orthodontics And Dentofacial Orthopaedics, Pedodontics, Prosthodontics, Periodontology
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: BDS
Selection criteria: Entrance Based (NEET PG)
Read More
DM Specialization: Gastroenterology, Neurology, Pulmonary Medicine
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: MD/MS/PG Diploma
Selection criteria: Entrance Based (NEET SS)
Read More
MCH Specialization: Cardiology, Medical Neonatology, Cardio-Vascular & Thoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatric Surgery, Surgical Gastroenterology.
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: MD/MS/PG Diploma
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (NEET SS)
Read More
PhD Duration: 3-6 years
Eligibility: Master’s degree or a professional degree in the same or allied subjects with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (UGC-NET/ GATE/ University Entrance Exam) followed by a Personal Interview

Read More: Faculty of Medical Sciences Fees

Faculty of Medical Sciences Admissions

Admission to all its courses is based on the rank secured in the entrance examinations. 85% of the seats in MBBS and BDS are reserved for the original residents of Delhi, the other 15% of seats belong to the All India category.

How to Apply?

  • Visit the official website of NEET.
  • Register with necessary details like name, place, email, contact information, etc
  • Payment of application fees
  • Print of the application form
  • The student may fill seats of choice when counseling begins online

Faculty of Medical Sciences Facilities

  • Library:  The colleges under FMSc have spacious libraries with several books, journals, and literature. There is also a book bank facility provided by the college.
  • Hostel: Students studying under the FMSc get a very well-equipped accommodation facility.
  • Cafeteria: The institute has very aesthetic cafeterias, which cater to the needs of the students the best.

Read More: Faculty of Medical Sciences Reviews

Faculty of Medical Sciences Faculties

The institution is having 24 departments. Most of the faculties are having a doctorate and are alumni of some reputed colleges. There are more than 200 professors and Associate professors working in the institute. Each department is led by an HoD.